Physician Lead - Acute Care Surgery
Dr. Margaret 'Maggie' Gordon is the Physician Lead of the Acute Care Surgery (ACS) service at Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital, providing acute and emergency surgical care
- Dr. Maggie Gordon completed her undergraduate degree at McMaster University in Medical and Health Physics
- Completed MD at the University of Ottawa medical school
- General surgery training at McMaster University
- Since completing her training, Dr. Gordon has performed emergency and acute general surgery at the Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital
- Dr. Gordon was a member of the R&D team at University of Toronto and the University Health Network (UHN) that developed Multi-Channel Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT).
- Multi-Channel OCT is now a standard non-invasive imaging tool used in ophthalmology (retinal substructure and real-time blood flow), endoscopy (GI), skin (sub-surface tumors and blood flow), material science (sub-surface topology), and other applications.
Healthcare is a team effort, and I would like to thank all members of the multidisciplinary team at Oakville Trafalgar Hospital who, every day, make my job possible and deliver the best outcomes for our patients and community.
Dr. Margaret Gordon, BSc, MD, FRCSC
Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital
3001 Hospital Gate
Oakville ON L6M 0L8 Canada